Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sunday Feb. 19th









I hope I didn't confuse anyone with the snow picture but I received the picture from my brother in law from Saturday in Springfield, TN . Everyone enjoyed the snow pictures in India.

Ok---Back to my blogging about my trip...

The pictures in my discussion will be from bottom up:

Hyderabad, India has all kinds of fountains in the town. The picture above is of one of the many fountain's in the area. The thing about the fountain's are they are dry..... and collecting garbage. They have a major water shortage in Hyderabad ,so why so many fountains?? The picture above the fountain is the major river in Hyderabad as you can see over the fence it is lush grass and palm trees.

The next pictures are of the markets that the Muslim rioters destroyed on Friday afternoon and the large mosque you can see from the car window and the side with the great arch is the location that the rioters were praying then went out into the streets and by passed the Muslim vendors but attacked the Hindu vendors. I'm pretty sure the Hindu vendors have nothing to do with the Danish cartoons.... Anyway --- You will notice all pictures are taken from inside the car... 10,000 vs 1 American didn't like the odds.

1 comment:

katie said...

one of the weekends when we went to see Charminar, we drove out to see some palace, on the way back towards Charminar, we saw a billboard with Bush's picture on it...the writing was not in english, but I so wanted to take a picture for the novelty of it, but again, wondered how it would look to see these white folks taking a picture of the President of the USA downtown in the old city...if only I knew what that thing said...oh how much fun!